Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
HuG HuG is offline

Default broken word, excell, powerpoint icon

Hi

Documents created in Word, Excell, Powepoint 2007 that are saved on my
computer, or appear as an
attachment in email, do not show as a Word, Excell, Powerpoint icon. I have
Windows Vista installed, with all the updates.

I normally dont have any problems with openning of those file, but icons are
broken.

In order to solve th eproblem I have checked after right clicking broken
icon the Properties, in the General tab "Change" the application with which
it is associated. I dont see any problems. It seems normal.

How can I solve this problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

HuG wrote:
Hi

Documents created in Word, Excell, Powepoint 2007 that are saved on
my computer, or appear as an
attachment in email, do not show as a Word, Excell, Powerpoint icon.
I have Windows Vista installed, with all the updates.

I normally dont have any problems with openning of those file, but
icons are broken.

In order to solve th eproblem I have checked after right clicking
broken icon the Properties, in the General tab "Change" the
application with which it is associated. I dont see any problems. It
seems normal.

How can I solve this problem?

Generally, this is a problem with the icon cache, which is stored in a
hidden file.

It may just be scrambled and need to be rebuilt. See
http://forums.techarena.in/vista-hel...tm#post2648147 for the steps.

If that doesn't help, you may need to increase the cache's maximum size. Go
to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and download and run
iconcache.vbs from line 121 ("Increase Icon Cache").

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman