Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lahern Lahern is offline

Default How do I stop Word from maximizing docs besides the one I'm openin

I don't know if Word 2007 is made to work this way, or if there's an easy way
to configure it so it doesn't do this, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Whenever I have a doc(s) already opened and minimized on my taskbar, if I
open a new Word doc, the previously minimized doc will maximize before the
new doc opens over top of it. It makes a real mess when I've got multiple
docs I'm working with open and maximized, because others that are minimized
(because I'm not currently using them) keep maximizing also.

It seems like it maximizes the most recently opened one, if I have multiple
docs open. What's the point of this, and how do I stop it?

Stop Word raising open docs to forefront when opening new docs? demurf Microsoft Word Help 0 October 28th 08 04:55 PM
How to stop Word from maximizing minimized docs? Darkgrrrl Microsoft Word Help 0 May 3rd 06 08:59 PM
Maximizing Word JCE Page Layout 1 November 3rd 05 10:53 PM
Preventing saved mailmerge documents trying to update at re-openin Graham Mailmerge 1 July 12th 05 03:56 PM
How do I stop Word docs from opening in Wordpad? rob Microsoft Word Help 4 March 30th 05 11:52 PM