Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brer

Default Missing menus

I've lost the menu options across the top of my Word screen -

FILE, EDIT, VIEW etc

Does anyone know how I can get them back? I cannot access any of the menu
headings so I can't even go into TOOLS or anything to try to find them again.

~ Brer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I've got a good one. I have the 'missing menu' problem. my tools and
help menus are not accessible but are visibly there. also the standard
toolbar is missing (save button/paste etc)

I tried the winword /a trick and it works wonderfully. i get all my
functionality back. BUT it fails to 'stick'. after closing that
specific winword session I try my regular word link and my
menus/toolbar are gone again.

I removed the offfice/11/word/data registry folder as well. it was
rebuilt but again it did not stay fixed. I did close outlook and
verify that winword.exe was not in running process to make sure my data
regedit changes took.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If Word works correctly when you start it with the /a switch, then the
problem is with (a) Normal.dot, (b) the Registry, or (c) an add-in. You seem
to have eliminated the Registry, so maybe it's time to look at the other two
(starting with add-ins, I'd say).

oups.com...