Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aslyfox

Default Ruler in Word

How do I set the ruler to appear in every time I run Word? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jennzie

Click on View and check the Ruler option. The ruler should come up after you
close out Word and reopen it.

How do I set the ruler to appear in every time I run Word? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aslyfox

Jenzie, Thanks but I know how to turn the ruler on, the question was how do
I set the ruler so that it appears every time I start/run word. I've since
found the answer. Adobe Reader 7.0 overrides any customized options set in
Word, but there was a way you can override that. You can go to Adobe.com and
read article 331259. Thanks for the answer back though!

How do I set the ruler to appear in every time I run Word? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

It is not Acrobat *reader* 7 that is the problem but the full version of
Acrobat which applies an add-in that screws things up.
If you have the full version, see the last part of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm for workarounds.

Word 2003 has occasional amnesia and randomly changes some preferences. The
ruler display is one that affects my PC. It is easily overcome by adding the
following line to both an autonew and an autoopen macro.

ActiveWindow.ActivePane.DisplayRulers = True