Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
charles thiesen charles thiesen is offline

Default producing 5.5 x 8.5 2-up

Hi,

I need half size (5.5 x 8.5 inch) pieces printed on both sides. They need
to be printed 2-up on letter size paper. Is there an easy way to get Word
to create such an original for me from the half size document?

Thanks,
- charles thiesen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If this is Word 2000 or above, choose "2 pages per sheet" under "Multiple
pages" on the Margins tab of Page Setup (NOT in the Print dialog). Then
paste your pages into the document as required. If you need identical copies
side by side, you can either paste the material twice (into pages 1 and 2)
or print the pages twice (by entering 1,1,2,2, etc. in the Pages box in the
Print dialog). Note that if you're trying to create a booklet, you want to
use "Book fold" instead.

charles wrote in message ...
Hi,

I need half size (5.5 x 8.5 inch) pieces printed on both sides. They need
to be printed 2-up on letter size paper. Is there an easy way to get Word
to create such an original for me from the half size document?

Thanks,
- charles thiesen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
charles charles is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in
:

If this is Word 2000 or above, choose "2 pages per sheet" under
"Multiple pages" on the Margins tab of Page Setup (NOT in the Print
dialog). Then paste your pages into the document as required. If you
need identical copies side by side, you can either paste the material
twice (into pages 1 and 2) or print the pages twice (by entering
1,1,2,2, etc. in the Pages box in the Print dialog). Note that if
you're trying to create a booklet, you want to use "Book fold"
instead.

Suzanne, you save my life as usual! I didn't know about the 2 pages thing,
and even if I did, would not have thought of the 1,1,2,2 option (though it
seems obvious now that you mention it). You've solved the problem. And less
than an hour after I posed it.

I suppose you're married.

Thanks a bunch.

- charles
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Yes, married 40 years, and sometimes my husband even appreciates me as much
as you guys here! g

I have to say, when I first read about "2 pages per sheet" in Word 2000 (a
version that I skipped), I couldn't see much point to it, as I was wanting
to do booklets, and the incredibly buggy "Book fold" feature wasn't
introduced until Word 2002 (which I did have), but I've since come to
appreciate it for applications MS may not even have had in mind. In
particular, it's a godsend for printing 3" x 4" badge inserts 2-up on 4" x
6" cards (using the portrait orientation so that the "pages" are over and
under rather than side by side). It also made possible the macro linked from
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm that (supposedly--I
haven't tried it) allows you to print booklets from Word 2000.

charles wrote in message ...
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in
: