Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
angela g angela g is offline

Default How see alt-text for picture in existing Word doc

I'm using Word 2007 on Vista.
I want to see if a doc I am working with, one I did not create, has alt text
for the photos embedded in the doc. I can't find any alt-text or titles for
the photos but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place?
Of course, I tried to find the answer in Word's Help. But all it talks about
is how to add alt-text, not how to see if it's there already. No wonder these
forums are so popular.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For pictures, I don't think you can create or view Alt Text unless you save
the document in a Word 97-2003 format. After you've done that, right-click
the picture and choose Format Picture from the context menu. Look at the Alt
Text tab of the dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"angela g" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2007 on Vista.
I want to see if a doc I am working with, one I did not create, has alt
text
for the photos embedded in the doc. I can't find any alt-text or titles
for
the photos but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place?
Of course, I tried to find the answer in Word's Help. But all it talks
about
is how to add alt-text, not how to see if it's there already. No wonder
these
forums are so popular.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
angela g angela g is offline

Thanks, Stefan, that worked. Funny how that capability apparently isn't in
Word 2007?? If so, I wonder why. But at least this works, so who am I to
wonder why . . .
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's because Word 2007 supports a new drawing engine. I don't know much
about this, only that it affects which options/dialog boxes are available.

For more, see this message by Patrick Schmid:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...4cdb0165?hl=en

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP