Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barbara W Barbara W is offline

Default Opening Word Documents Produced on Mac

Up to Wednesday last week we had now problems opening word documents
produced on a Mac. In fact we received a file on Thursday which we opened
successfully on Wedensday but could not open again the following day. From
then onward we were prompted to install a converter and we get
"gobbledecook". I suspect that one of the security updates from Microsoft
might have caused it. Has anybody else had the same experience?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Barbara,

I'm assuming that if you did not receive the file until Thursday that it was at least a different version of the file you had opened
on Wednesday?

How was the file received? If in email did you first save it to disk? What version of Word is being used on each side (mac and
Windows)?

It's possible that you have a corrupted document. What was the exact message you're getting about a converter?

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP