Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
karuna karuna is offline

Default view changes when importing from other documents

When working on a WORD document, I mostly work in the print layout view.
Often, when inserting text taken from other documents given me by a client,
my document will change....the top and bottom margins disappear and the
normal look of the page break (a space between the pages) becomes just a dark
line. I can't tell what has changed....so I can't figure out how to fix it!
Please help -- I want my margins back!

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JusMe JusMe is offline

From what you write, it could also be that the 'view' changes from 'print
layout' to 'normal'. This can be fixed by clicking on the third icon from the
left in the bottom row for views, or go to 'view' 'print layout' (if
'normal' is selected that will change it back)