Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marie FP Marie FP is offline

Default Reference field does not update when bookmark is blank

I've created an online form with a bookmark "Text1" and the REF field "{ REF
Text1 }" so that information entered in particular field automatically
populates to another field in the document. The bookmark works fine for
anything entered in the field, but when text is completely deleted (blank),
the REF field does not update accordingly. Instead, it retains the text that
was last entered. What can I do so that the REF field updates to a blank
field? Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Is "Calculate on exit" checked for the form field?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP