Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

Default error message: file is ready only

In Word 2003, a weird error message occurs when I try to save a long file I
have been working on now for 4 months. Word suddently today will not let me
save the file under its own long-used name, but instead insistently gives me
an error message that this file is now somehow an inaccessible "read-only
file." Yet. I have not set it as read-only, and when I right click and go to
properties in the file/open menu (with word or explorer) the file read-only
box is NOT checked.

I also tried the Word recommendation to rename both files, then change the
most recent renamed, saved file name back to the old one. I did this, and it
started doing the same thing read-only stuff again?

Now I have to change the name of my file ten times a day just to save it?