Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve Gage Steve Gage is offline

Default Default to hiding comments

Hello all,

I have just acquired Word 7, and although I can turn off the display of
comments in a document, when I reload the document later the comments
are there again. How do I make the default display hide comments?

TIA,

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I'm sure you mean Word 2007 and not Word 1997 or Win &.

As with previous versions of Word you must ACCEPT or REJECT ALL CHANGES
before toggling off track changes to make them really disappear completely.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Steve Gage" wrote in message
Hello all,

I have just acquired Word 7, and although I can turn off the display of
comments in a document, when I reload the document later the comments are
there again. How do I make the default display hide comments?

TIA,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Terry Farrell wrote:
I'm sure you mean Word 2007 and not Word 1997 or Win &.

Yes, Word 2007. I'm so wrapped up with Windows 7 that I just misfired.

As with previous versions of Word you must ACCEPT or REJECT ALL CHANGES
before toggling off track changes to make them really disappear completely.

I'll see what I can see. I've been using Word since 1997, and am not
sure of my footing in this new paradigm...

- Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Steve Gage wrote:
Terry Farrell wrote:
I'm sure you mean Word 2007 and not Word 1997 or Win &.

Yes, Word 2007. I'm so wrapped up with Windows 7 that I just misfired.

As with previous versions of Word you must ACCEPT or REJECT ALL
CHANGES before toggling off track changes to make them really
disappear completely.

Still no joy. I accepted all changes, turned of track changes, and still
the comments are shown. In fact, if I manually turn off display of
comments, as soon as I type something, the comments pane comes back.

What am I doing wrong? I just want to see my document, not a side-bar of
comments and such.

- Steve

I'll see what I can see. I've been using Word since 1997, and am not
sure of my footing in this new paradigm...

- Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In Word 2007, to delete all comments in a document: On the Review tab, click
the Delete button (in the Comments group), and then click Delete All
Comments in Document.

You can hide the comments if you want to, but note that that is for *your*
installation of Word only. If you send the document to other people, by
default, they will still be able to see your comments (and if they don't,
they can display them as easily as you hid them). This applies to markup as
well.

To hide comments (on your installation of Word):

1. Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Trust Center
category, click Trust Center Settings. In the Privacy Options category,
clear "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving." Click OK to close
the dialog boxes.

2. On the Review tab, click Show Markup, and click to deselect Comments.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Steve Gage" wrote in message
Terry Farrell wrote:
I'm sure you mean Word 2007 and not Word 1997 or Win &.

Yes, Word 2007. I'm so wrapped up with Windows 7 that I just misfired.

As with previous versions of Word you must ACCEPT or REJECT ALL CHANGES
before toggling off track changes to make them really disappear
completely.

I'll see what I can see. I've been using Word since 1997, and am not sure
of my footing in this new paradigm...

- Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve Gage Steve Gage is offline

Thanks, Stefan,

That works for me. I've been using Word 2000 for many years, and I have
a lot to learn about Word 2007... It's quite a different beast!

- Steve

Stefan Blom wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You are welcome.