Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
questmom questmom is offline

Default Is there an easy way to set up Word 2007 for MLA format?

I've never done a paper in MLA format. I am a new user on windows 2007 word.
I've used it for a health class creating a magazine, and that's about it. Any
help will be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson[_3_] Tom Ferguson[_3_] is offline

Doing a paper in MLA format simply means that your paper has to conform to
MLA.format There is a publication entitled "MLA Handbook for Writers of
Research Papers" available as well as on-line references and tutorials.

E.g. http://www.ccc.commnet.edu/mla/format.shtml

Hope that helps you get started.

Tom

"questmom" wrote in message
I've never done a paper in MLA format. I am a new user on windows 2007
word.
I've used it for a health class creating a magazine, and that's about it.
Any
help will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Guy Lydig Guy Lydig is offline

I haven't used it so I cannot vouch for its validity, but in Word 2007, on
the References ribbon, in the Citations and Bibliography section, under
Style, choose MLA. When you insert sources using the bibliography or Insert
Citation, it will/should be in the correct format.

Perhaps one of the gurus will be more helpful.

"questmom" wrote in message
I've never done a paper in MLA format. I am a new user on windows 2007
word.
I've used it for a health class creating a magazine, and that's about it.
Any
help will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

The bibliography tool does not reflect the recent changes in the MLA format
though. So be careful when using it.

Microsoft does offer a template for the MLA style at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT101172711033 .

Yves