Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Camille Petersen Camille Petersen is offline

Default How to disable red wave underlining for vocabulary errors?

Some of the words in a Word doc are red, curly underlined.
As far as I know this indicates unknown words in the dictionary.

How can I completely disable this kind of underlining?

Camille

Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

You don't mention the version of Word you are using.
For 2003 and prior - Tools, Options, Spelling & Grammar tab, uncheck the
"Check spelling as you type".
For 2007: not to sure exactly where this option is found but it could be
under Review tab, Proofing group.
Personally, I would not do this as this will allow disasterous spellings
within the document and possible distribution to the readers. I would have
this function on, and deal with the occurances of the spelling mistakes,
either correct the spelling or add the "new" word to the dictionary, or
ignore it temporarily for this document if it correctly spelt and you don't
want to add it to the dictionary.
Hope this helps
DeanH