Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Arden Arden is offline

Default VBA macro - Mailmerge date - for today and for history

I am working with mailmerge documents which must print today's date in the
letter. A copy of the generated file also must be saved as an historic
archive of what was printed today, retaining the generated date even when
being viewed tomorrow.

I had started with Today and realized that it recalculates each time the
document is opened. No good.

So then I built the document with SAVEDATE and it seems to work as long as I
manually run the merge from within the document.

The desired goal, however, is to use a VBA macro to run the merge and then
copy and store the generated file in a specific directory. Though the
SAVEDATE works within the manual merge process, the macro's execution of the
merge generates a date before today...?

Any advice?

Thanks.