Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wecpc wecpc is offline

Default End-User License Agreement keeps coming up

I have just installed Vista Home Premium OEM and my Office SBE 2003 to my new
PC. Both have been activated OK, but every time I go into any one of the
Office applications I have to keep accepting the ELU and this is now getting
very annoying. If I cannot get it to stop I will have to consider taking the
Open Office route as I will not be 'nagged' into changing my Office suite as
it still works perfectly and I only really use Outlook 2003 and occassionly
Word 2003.
Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Log in to Windows as Administrator, start an Office program, accept the
EULA, close the Office program, log out of Windows as Administrator, and
log back in to Windows using your normal user profile.

If the previous suggestion doesn't help, then see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=884202 "You must accept the Office
End User License Agreement every time that you start an Office program".

wecpc wrote:
I have just installed Vista Home Premium OEM and my Office SBE 2003
to my new PC. Both have been activated OK, but every time I go into
any one of the Office applications I have to keep accepting the ELU
and this is now getting very annoying. If I cannot get it to stop I
will have to consider taking the Open Office route as I will not be
'nagged' into changing my Office suite as it still works perfectly
and I only really use Outlook 2003 and occassionly Word 2003.
Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Mark is offline

Graham,

Hope you can help. I have the same problem with the EULA popping up every
time I start up an Office program. Unlike wecpc, I am the only one with an
account on my new HP and therefore I have administrator status. Thanks for
any help you can offer.

wecpc wrote:
I have just installed Vista Home Premium OEM and my Office SBE 2003
to my new PC. Both have been activated OK, but every time I go into
any one of the Office applications I have to keep accepting the ELU
and this is now getting very annoying. If I cannot get it to stop I
will have to consider taking the Open Office route as I will not be
'nagged' into changing my Office suite as it still works perfectly
and I only really use Outlook 2003 and occassionly Word 2003.
Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
musicianator musicianator is offline

Mark, just because you have admin status does NOT mean all your
programs will run with admin rights. Don't ask me why this is, I don't
know; however, I do know what you need to do.

Find the Word application file (or any MS Office application file);
the default directory is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11".
Right-click the application file (it should have an extension of
".exe") and select "Run as administrator". Click OK on the pop-up
prompt, accept the EULA, and exit the program. Try opening it again,
and if it still doesn't work, follow the link Graham posted. Here it
is again:

a href="http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=884202"http://
support.microsoft.com/?kbid=884202/a

Hope that works!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RayC RayC is offline

musicianator,

Nothing else worked for me except your suggestion of going directly to the
..exe files. Brilliant, thanks :-).

"musicianator" wrote:

Mark, just because you have admin status does NOT mean all your
programs will run with admin rights. Don't ask me why this is, I don't
know; however, I do know what you need to do.

Find the Word application file (or any MS Office application file);
the default directory is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11".
Right-click the application file (it should have an extension of
".exe") and select "Run as administrator". Click OK on the pop-up
prompt, accept the EULA, and exit the program. Try opening it again,
and if it still doesn't work, follow the link Graham posted. Here it
is again:

a href="http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=884202"http://
support.microsoft.com/?kbid=884202/a

Hope that works!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
McSnygg McSnygg is offline

This solution fixed my problem! Amazing! Thank you so much.

"Find the Word application file (or any MS Office application file);
the default directory is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11".
Right-click the application file (it should have an extension of
".exe") and select "Run as administrator". Click OK on the pop-up
prompt, accept the EULA, and exit the program."

That's terrific! Thank you.

"musicianator" wrote:

Mark, just because you have admin status does NOT mean all your
programs will run with admin rights. Don't ask me why this is, I don't
know; however, I do know what you need to do.

Find the Word application file (or any MS Office application file);
the default directory is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11".
Right-click the application file (it should have an extension of
".exe") and select "Run as administrator". Click OK on the pop-up
prompt, accept the EULA, and exit the program. Try opening it again,
and if it still doesn't work, follow the link Graham posted. Here it
is again:

a href="http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=884202"http://
support.microsoft.com/?kbid=884202/a

Hope that works!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DontKnow DontKnow is offline

Hi Guys,

I had the same problem on my home PC which has :
Windows7, Microsfot Office 2003
I followed your instructions and now do not have the problem!!

Many thnaks for your input!!

Cheers