Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jcduk jcduk is offline

Default Hiding text from readers of word doc

I posted this question a few weeks ago and was directed to macros, but
unfortunately though it works in Word, I lose the macro when I load the doc
into a content management system.

My problem - I want readers of MS Word docs to have the option to open/close
sections of text. So a bit like, "Are you interested in Football, yes/no"
Yes shows text about football, No skips down to next section about
Baseball..... I actually want to hide the text - otherwise I could just use
hyperlinks to jump over content.

Anyone got any creative ideas that DON'T require macro's, activeX or
javascript??? PLEASE!!!!

Thanks
JD
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"jcduk" wrote:

I posted this question a few weeks ago and was directed to macros, but
unfortunately though it works in Word, I lose the macro when I load the doc
into a content management system.

My problem - I want readers of MS Word docs to have the option to open/close
sections of text. So a bit like, "Are you interested in Football, yes/no"
Yes shows text about football, No skips down to next section about
Baseball..... I actually want to hide the text - otherwise I could just use
hyperlinks to jump over content.

Anyone got any creative ideas that DON'T require macro's, activeX or
javascript??? PLEASE!!!!

You have a protected form and you want some text to be shown/hidden
according to choices a user makes in a particular formfield.

If I understood correctly, then I believe it cannot be done as you wish
(i.e. no macros, ActiveX or script...)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You wrote that you wanted users to answer questions like:
"So a bit like, "Are you interested in Football, yes/no""

How did you plan to provide that facility? You have to use a protected form,
especially since you do not want to use ActiveX controls.

For more on forms, see:
http://www.mousetrax.com/techpage.html#autoforms

For more on forms:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jcduk jcduk is offline

This is due to my ignorance. I'm not clear on protected/unprotected forms.
I wasn't sure if there was anything built into word, outside of macros/active
x. Sounds like I'm stuck on this one. Thanks for your help.

JD