Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian Ian is offline

Default word 2007, cannot double click on DOC file to open it

I've uninstalled Office 2002 and installed Offics 2007. For Word 2007, when
I double click on a file with the extension .DOC, a window opens with the
following message:

The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or ... Inset the "Microsoft
Office XP Professional with FrontPage' disk and click OK.

I have Vista Home Premium on my computer. Can anyone explain what is
causing this hiccup and how to correct it?

Thanks,

Ian
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Ian,

Check in the Programs listing in the control panel to see if there are other Office XP/2002 apps listed.

If you upgraded Office 2007 over Office XP/2002 it would only remove apps it had replacements for, not the entire product as part of
upgrading.

========

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian Ian is offline

Hello Bob,

You are right. But I had to uninstall both Office 2002 and 2007 and then
reinstall 2007. But it is working properly now.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian Ian is offline

Hello Bob,

A qualifcation. I had previously uninstalled Office 2002 but did not think
to remove several Office XP components. These are what I removed today.

Thanks,

Ian