Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
elliebee elliebee is offline

Default I just created an index but all the page numbers are wrong. Help!

I just created my first index and I guess the page numbers were correct when
all the paragraph signs and other formatting icons were showing, but as soon
as I hid them the page numbers are wrong and I don't know how to get it to
repaginate. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"elliebee" wrote:

I just created my first index and I guess the page numbers were correct when
all the paragraph signs and other formatting icons were showing, but as soon
as I hid them the page numbers are wrong and I don't know how to get it to
repaginate. Help!

Place the cursor in the Index and hit F9 to update the index.

If the page numbers are still wrong, make sure you are not in Track Changes
mode. If you are, you must accept all changes to synchronize the page numbers
in the index with the actual page numbers in the document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

XE (index entry) fields are Hidden text. As long as you have them displayed
(as they are by default after you enter them), pagination will be thrown
off. You must hide Hidden text before generating (or updating) the index.