Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Dan is offline

Default Sending document as Outlook Express message

I am running Word 2007 on a Win XP Pro system. I want to send a document as
an email message. My mail client is Outlook Express 6. I'm already logged in
to one of my identities when I try to send the message. Word formats the
header and gives me the chance to choose To, CC, BCC and Subject, but then it
crashes when I click the Send button.

I was running Word 2000 until a few weeks ago, and it worked to send
documents this way without any problems.

I have Office Small Business 2007, so I tried sending an Excel 2007
spreadsheet in the body of an email message. It worked fine.

I tried repairing my Office Small Business installation. After it finished,
Outlook Express told me that it was not my default mail handler, though it
had been prior to repairing the installation. I assume that Office changed my
default to Outlook.

One time I got the following message: "Either there is no default mail
client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request.
Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client."
This doesn't mean that Word 2007 can't send documents as Outlook Express
messages, does it?

Does anyone have any other suggestions that I haven't tried yet? Thanks!