Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Donaldo Donaldo is offline

Default APPCRASH - Microsoft Office Word has stopped working

When I use Mailmerge - Envelopes, after printing the envelope and close Word
2007, I get the following message.

Problem signatu
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: WINWORD.EXE
Application Version: 12.0.6211.1000
Application Timestamp: 46d4a7df
Fault Module Name: hpz3r4v2.dll
Fault Module Version: 61.63.248.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 45bdb917
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00046038
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033
Brand: Office12Crash
skulcid: 1033

But if I use the Popular Command, "Envelope & Label Wizard" instead
Mailmerge and Fax - Envelope,

Word 2007 Close without any problem.

Please your help will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The error message suggests that hpz3r4v2.dll is the problem. A quick Google
search suggests that this is part of the HP printer driver. It may be that
the driver has a problem with the envelope command in Word 2007. You could
see if there is an updated driver available, stick with your workaround or
use an envelope template for envelopes (you'll find some samples to download
on my web site).

Donaldo wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Donaldo Donaldo is offline

Graham, one more detail about this problem, it only occurs when printing
envelopes (using Mailmerge and Fax Wizard" the same using as default another
printer.

If I open any other document, print it, and close word 2007, I did not get
the message.

I am using HP Deskjet D4160 printer.

Donaldo wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jeff Jeff is offline

No this happens to me after I print anything in Word 2007 (MS Office 2007
Student and Home versions)

Donaldo wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Make sure that you have the latest printer driver installed

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Donaldo wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Baja Boojum Baja Boojum is offline

Hello All:

I had the same error message using Word 2007 (not Mailmerge). I got this
response today from HP. I went through the entire procedure; so far it
appears to work. Note the link is for my HP c6180 printer, but it may be
valid for all the All-In-Ones. Good Luck!
----------------------
I understand from your mail that 'an application failure' error message
appears after exiting Word 2007. I regret for the inconvenience caused to you
and I will certainly assist you in this regard. I seek your kind cooperation.
This issue could occur be related to startup entries running in the
background. Please perform below steps to isolate the issue:

Disabling HP related files from the Startup:
1.Click Start Icon.
2.Select "run" or select the "Search" box and type msconfig.
3.User Account window may pop up with this message "Windows need your
permission".
4.Click continue.
5.Select statup tab.
6.Disable all hp related entries.
7.Restart the computer.
8.Once the computer is restarted, it will show that some startup entries are
bloked. Ignore this message ans continue.

If the issue persists, please uninstall and reinstal the softwa
Step-1:
=======
Unsintallation:
===============
Please uninstall the All-in-One software from the computer using the
following steps:
A. Programs and features:
=======================
1. Click Start, Control Panel and double-click Programsand features.
2. If there is an entry relating to one of the printers, select it, then
click Change/Remove.
3. Follow the dialog and "uninstall all" or "remove all" as appropriate.
Some "printer software" have programs that show up here and it will be a
good idea to remove those before going any further.
Here are the list of softwares to be removed:
HP PSC & Officejet
HP Solution center
HP Photosmart series drivers
HP Document viewer
HP Deskjet preload drivers.
HP Image zone
HP Software update
Step-2:
=======

Disable Device Discovery Service:
==================================
1) Click on the "Windows Icon" icon on the bottom left corner of the screen
, type "services.msc" in the "Start Search" edit box, and hit enter. This
will trigger Vista to pop-up a "User Account Control" dialog to prompt for
permission to continue. Click "Continue" to allow Vista to open the Services
management console application.
2) The Services management console application is made up of 2 panels. The
right panel contains a list of all services available on the system. Scroll
thru this list and look for a service called "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery
Service".
3) Right-click on "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service" and select "Properties"
to open the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog.
4) From the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog, click on the
"General" tab. If the "Service status" shows that the service has started,
click on the "Stop" button to force the service to stop.
5) Change the "Start type" to "Disabled" and click on the "OK" button on the
bottom of the dialog to apply the changes.
Step-3:
=======
Turn off the Terminate and Stay Resident programs:
Click the Start icon.
In the Start Search text box located above the Start icon, type msconfig and
then press Enter.
On the User Account Control window, click Continue . The System
Configuration window display.
Click the General tab.
Select the Selective Startup check box.
Verify that the Load Startup Items check box is not selected.
Click the Services tab.
Select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.
Click Disable All .
Click OK.
Click Restart to apply the changes. The computer automatically restarts.
Clear the temporary files and folders:
======================================
Start the Disk Cleanup utility.
Click the Start icon.
Click All Programs.
Click Accessories.
Click System Tools.
Click Disk Cleanup.
On the Disk Cleanup Options window, click My files only or Files from all
users on this computer .
In the Drives drop-down list, select the drive to clean up and then click OK
..
On the Disk Cleanup utility report that displays, select the appropriate
check boxes to remove the unnecessary components and then click OK.
Step-4:
=======
Register VBSCRIPT.DLL:
======================
Search for the file VBSCRIPT.DLL on the computer. It is usually located in
C:\Windows\System32 folder.
Click Start and then click Accessories.
Right-click Command Prompt and click Run as Administrator.
Type the following in the command prompt:
CD C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32
(or the appropriate folder location where VBSCRIPT.DLL is located).
Press Enter.
Type REGSVR32 VBSCRIPT.DLL in the command prompt and press Enter.
A message displays that VBSCRIPT has been installed successfully.
Step-5:
=======
Please download and install the software from below weblink:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...x?softwareitem...
NOTE: Clicking the link above may give an error indicating it is invalid.
Copy the URL starting from "http" till "2093" and paste in the address box of
the browser, then press Enter Key.

I believe performing the above steps will resolve the issue. If you need
further assistance, please do reply with the observations and results. This
will help me to assist you further, and I thank you for being a valuable HP
customer.
Have a Nice Time.
Sincerely,
Jennifer