Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
freddy freddy is offline

Default cannot start converter mswrd632

When trying to open an older doc in word 07 I keep getting the EM "cannot
start converter mswrd632" . I have tried to fix from the disk and it didn't
work. I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi freddy,

When trying to open an older doc in word 07 I keep getting the EM "cannot
start converter mswrd632" . I have tried to fix from the disk and it didn't
work.

See this blog article:

http://blogs.msdn.com/david_leblanc/...-sp3-and-file-
formats.aspx

However, it seems Word 6.0 file types should not be blocked. As best I can
tell, the conversion filter for Word 6.0 is not included in Office 2007.
There's a Conversion Pack for Office 2003 and earlier here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...df0-70e5-4595-
8a98-370278f40c57&DisplayLang=en

but I don't see that filter there, either, although there is a MsWrd832.cnv in
it.

If you have an earlier version of Word with this conversion filter installed
somewhere you should be able to copy it to C:\Program Files\Common
Files\microsoft shared\TextConv so that it will be recognized.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org