Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Mac NorLog Mac NorLog is offline

Default Linking excel tables in Word 2007

Can someone help me what I think should be an easy task but is proving
anything but in Word 2007. I use documents in word that contain excel tables
to hold data that require formula. The results in the first table affect the
data presented in the second table & so on. I assumed that a simple "Paste
Link" would do the trick but although I can do the link when changing the
data in the first table, the data in the second remains unchanged. When I
then go into the table to view the cell formula there is a reference to the
first table but the cell addrees appears as RxCx & then displays an error
##REF in the cell. Having followed some of the discussions I have upgraded
with all the current upgrades for Office, however, this only had the effect
of causing my original file to become corrupt & cannot now be open.
This is so frustrating, any clues anyone?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Mac NorLog,

It seems that, although the links will update immediately after they've been created, once the document has been saved & closed,
they become static. So that approach isn't going to work. Sorry to have misled you on that. I guess a macro-based solution will be
required. Your prospects of a solution might be best if you post your query simultaneously in microsoft.public.word.vba.general and
microsoft.public.word.oleinterop.

--
Cheers
macropod