Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
km km is offline

Default Creating Labels with Mail Merge

In Word 2007, how do you create a sheet of different mailing labels using
excel as the data source to merge.

I was able to create the labels and used the Replicate Option and clicked on
UPDATE all labels - but it update the top and bottom row but skips the middle
labels. Then it takes the second person and puts the second person first on
the next page and repeats them again and so on...

I can do this very easily in Publisher - but I wanted to see if there was
the same options in Word.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It sounds as if you may have a Tablet PC or perhaps a Vista PC with a device
that has enabled tablet input, in which case see

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0005.htm

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"KM" wrote in message
In Word 2007, how do you create a sheet of different mailing labels using
excel as the data source to merge.

I was able to create the labels and used the Replicate Option and clicked
on
UPDATE all labels - but it update the top and bottom row but skips the
middle
labels. Then it takes the second person and puts the second person first
on
the next page and repeats them again and so on...

I can do this very easily in Publisher - but I wanted to see if there was
the same options in Word.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
km km is offline

I have "pen flicks" installed on my vista machine. I am not sure how that
got installed but it does not show anywhere on the computer to remove. How
can I delete the pen flicks?

"KM" wrote in message
In Word 2007, how do you create a sheet of different mailing labels using
excel as the data source to merge.

I was able to create the labels and used the Replicate Option and clicked
on
UPDATE all labels - but it update the top and bottom row but skips the
middle
labels. Then it takes the second person and puts the second person first
on
the next page and repeats them again and so on...

I can do this very easily in Publisher - but I wanted to see if there was
the same options in Word.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
km km is offline

Thanks for the help - I ran the msconfig and just turned off pen flicks and
the labels updated fine. But is there a way to determine where they are
printed on the sheet? Publisher made this so easy compared to Word.

Thanks again

"KM" wrote in message
In Word 2007, how do you create a sheet of different mailing labels using
excel as the data source to merge.

I was able to create the labels and used the Replicate Option and clicked
on
UPDATE all labels - but it update the top and bottom row but skips the
middle
labels. Then it takes the second person and puts the second person first
on
the next page and repeats them again and so on...

I can do this very easily in Publisher - but I wanted to see if there was
the same options in Word.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

There's no particularly easy way to do that in Mail merge - if you need to
skip a certain number of labels on page 1, then carry on printing as normal,
it's probably simplest to copy your data source and pad it with non-empty
rows at the beginning.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"KM" wrote in message
In Word 2007, how do you create a sheet of different mailing labels
using
excel as the data source to merge.

I was able to create the labels and used the Replicate Option and
clicked
on
UPDATE all labels - but it update the top and bottom row but skips the
middle
labels. Then it takes the second person and puts the second person
first
on
the next page and repeats them again and so on...

I can do this very easily in Publisher - but I wanted to see if there
was
the same options in Word.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Use the following macro

Macro to set the first label on a part sheet of labels for a label type
mailmerge.

Dim MMMDoc As Document

Dim dsource As Document

Dim dtable As Table

Dim i As Long, j As Long

Set MMMDoc = ActiveDocument

With MMMDoc.MailMerge

If .MainDocumentType = wdMailingLabels Then

If .State = wdMainAndDataSource Then

Set dsource = Documents.Open(.DataSource.Name)

Set dtable = dsource.Tables(1)

i = InputBox("Enter the number of labels that have already been
used on the sheet.", "Set Starting Label")

If IsNumeric(i) Then

With dtable

For j = 1 To i

.Rows.Add BeforeRow:=.Rows(2)