Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michelle N. Michelle N. is offline

Default Creating labels through mail merge

I know how to create labels from an excel sheet in 2003. However, I have
gone through the steps to do this in 2007 mail merge and cannot get past
adding the recipient list. I've clicked on the fields to be imported and it
on the labels in shows the column headers ex: name case manager,
etc. When I click update labels the information is not imported into the
labels.

(I'm not making address labels, but labels for files from an excel database)
Please help me walk through this.

Michelle
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In Word 2007, "Update labels" is really "propagate label layout", i.e.
copy the fields you set up in label 1 to the other labels (and put a
Next record at the beginning of each label except the first).

What you probably need is
a. the Preview results button
b. the "Finish and Merge" button - the "Edit individual documents"
option merges to a new document that you can inspect (and if necessary,
modify) before printing, or you can merge directly to a Printer.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk