Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Joe727 Joe727 is offline

Default Get rid of formatting symbols - How?

Hi - I don't know what I inadvertently clicked, but every Word 2007 document
I open has formatting symbols prominently displayed.

Here's a screenshot of the paragraph symbol next to the cursor on a blank
document.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~jbmsbink...Screenshot.jpg

When I open Word files that I previously created, they are plastered with
all kinds of similar symbols.

Question: I do I turn this feature off so that I don't see these symbols on
all of my Word documents?

Thanks

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Click on the Show/Hide button (¶) in the Home tab of the Ribbon. It has an
orange background in your screen shot which shows that it is active.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Joe727" wrote in message
Hi - I don't know what I inadvertently clicked, but every Word 2007
document I open has formatting symbols prominently displayed.

Here's a screenshot of the paragraph symbol next to the cursor on a blank
document.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~jbmsbink...Screenshot.jpg

When I open Word files that I previously created, they are plastered with
all kinds of similar symbols.

Question: I do I turn this feature off so that I don't see these symbols
on all of my Word documents?

Thanks

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Joe727 Joe727 is offline

Thanks Doug - I've been using Word since Word '97 and I've never had a use
for that particular function. Now I know what I inadvertantly clicked.
BTW - I still love the Word 2007 ribbon.

"Joe727" wrote in message
Hi - I don't know what I inadvertently clicked, but every Word 2007
document I open has formatting symbols prominently displayed.

Here's a screenshot of the paragraph symbol next to the cursor on a blank
document.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~jbmsbink...Screenshot.jpg

When I open Word files that I previously created, they are plastered with
all kinds of similar symbols.

Question: I do I turn this feature off so that I don't see these symbols
on all of my Word documents?

Thanks

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

For more on nonprinting marks, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Formatting Symbols ff999 New Users 3 April 3rd 09 06:53 PM
How do I hide the formatting symbols? VballBaby158 New Users 0 December 9th 08 04:09 AM
How do I hide the formatting symbols? alpineburg New Users 0 June 12th 08 07:36 AM
Formatting symbols. Rayman New Users 1 June 12th 08 06:51 AM
formatting symbols, etc. appear Soloman10 Page Layout 6 May 31st 07 06:40 PM