Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JW JW is offline

Default Template Text Boundaries

I am a relatively new user of MS Word 2007. I am trying to use a product
that involves a template provided by the vendor. Their instructions read:
----
Once in the template you will need to activate the text boundary box to
create your stickers by doing the following:
- Click on Tools
- Click on Options
- Select Text Boundaries from the View Tab
- Click OK
- The text boundary boxes will appear.
-----
I've downloaded and opened the template. I found a "Table Tools" tab, but
cannot find anything related to Text Boundaries. A search of Help files was
fruitless. If anyone can get me pointed in the right direction, I would
appreciate it. Thanks very much for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In Word 2007, here's how to open the Options dialog box: Click the Office
button (the round "pizza" button on the top left of the Word rwindow), and
then click Word Options. You'll find "Show text boundaries" in the Advanced
category (under the "Show document content" heading).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JW" wrote in message
I am a relatively new user of MS Word 2007. I am trying to use a product
that involves a template provided by the vendor. Their instructions read:
----
Once in the template you will need to activate the text boundary box to
create your stickers by doing the following:
- Click on Tools
- Click on Options
- Select Text Boundaries from the View Tab
- Click OK
- The text boundary boxes will appear.
-----
I've downloaded and opened the template. I found a "Table Tools" tab, but
cannot find anything related to Text Boundaries. A search of Help files
was fruitless. If anyone can get me pointed in the right direction, I
would appreciate it. Thanks very much for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JW JW is offline

Default Thanks Stefan - was: Template Text Boundaries

Thanks, Stefan, that worked great. I guess it's easy when you know what
you're doing! :-)

"JW" wrote in message
I am a relatively new user of MS Word 2007. I am trying to use a product
that involves a template provided by the vendor. Their instructions read:
----
Once in the template you will need to activate the text boundary box to
create your stickers by doing the following:
- Click on Tools
- Click on Options
- Select Text Boundaries from the View Tab
- Click OK
- The text boundary boxes will appear.
-----
I've downloaded and opened the template. I found a "Table Tools" tab, but
cannot find anything related to Text Boundaries. A search of Help files
was fruitless. If anyone can get me pointed in the right direction, I
would appreciate it. Thanks very much for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I'm glad I could help.

(Note, however, that changing the subject is not a very good idea; it might
make it more difficult for people to follow the discussion.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP