Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] faceman28208@yahoo.com is offline

Default Envelope Printing

I have gone through a box of envelopes now trying every combination of
setting in word and on the printer.

I am inserting the envelops short side first on my printer. When
select short side first in Word, Word prints the envelope text rotated
at 90 degrees.

If I cheat and select long side first on word (though inserting short
side first) Word prints the envelope off the top. The last address
line sometimes show up.

How can i get word to rotate the envelope address 90 degrees to match
the envelope?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Make sure that you have the latest printer driver and that all Word updates
have been installed.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

wrote in message
I have gone through a box of envelopes now trying every combination of
setting in word and on the printer.

I am inserting the envelops short side first on my printer. When
select short side first in Word, Word prints the envelope text rotated
at 90 degrees.

If I cheat and select long side first on word (though inserting short
side first) Word prints the envelope off the top. The last address
line sometimes show up.

How can i get word to rotate the envelope address 90 degrees to match
the envelope?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

wrote in message

I have gone through a box of envelopes now trying every combination of
setting in word and on the printer.

I am inserting the envelops short side first on my printer. When
select short side first in Word, Word prints the envelope text rotated
at 90 degrees.

If I cheat and select long side first on word (though inserting short
side first) Word prints the envelope off the top. The last address
line sometimes show up.

How can i get word to rotate the envelope address 90 degrees to match
the envelope?- Hide quoted text -

Has been done. Still need to rotate though.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JPH[_2_] JPH[_2_] is offline

Not sure this will help, but I found that (in another application) I had to
keep the Paper type (in the printer dialog) as 'Plain paper' so as to not
have the printer detect the paper size.

Also some information at this URL for HP printers:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...d uct=1141647.

When I was playing around, I sometimes got a paper mismatch error: found
some help on that at:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00189327
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...d uct=1832915

Hope there may be some clues in there for you.
wrote in message
I have gone through a box of envelopes now trying every combination of
setting in word and on the printer.

I am inserting the envelops short side first on my printer. When
select short side first in Word, Word prints the envelope text rotated
at 90 degrees.

If I cheat and select long side first on word (though inserting short
side first) Word prints the envelope off the top. The last address
line sometimes show up.

How can i get word to rotate the envelope address 90 degrees to match
the envelope?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] faceman28208@yahoo.com is offline

On Aug 12, 1:40*am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
Seehttp://www.gmayor.com/epson_envelope_orientation.htm*(even if the
printer is not Epson)

Seems like the right idea. But it appears there is no longer such an
entry in Office 2007.

Envelope printing Froehlij Page Layout 5 May 7th 09 02:30 PM
Printing 6X9 Envelope to HP4000TN w/Envelope Feeder LeaseGuy Microsoft Word Help 0 September 11th 06 02:11 AM
envelope printing Just Me Mailmerge 3 December 19th 05 06:18 AM
envelope printing tdn Microsoft Word Help 1 November 23rd 05 02:00 AM
Printing blank page after printing envelope heybets30 Microsoft Word Help 1 February 17th 05 12:41 AM