Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Powell[_2_] David Powell[_2_] is offline

Default Help! Help content lost (links to 2010?) - 2007 user

When I try to get online Help from Word, I see a page which has the new
Office logo for 2010. The framework for Help is provided, but there is no
content under any of the headings. ("No results available").
This was from a VBA page, so I was seeking Word Developer help.
If I right-click the title "Word Developer Help" and paste the URL property,
I get:
http://office2010.microsoft.com/clie...V&Version=1 2
But I'm running Office 2007. I also have Office 2003 installed.

How can I get help for Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Powell[_2_] David Powell[_2_] is offline

Default Word Developer Help content lost (links to 2010?) - 2007 user

Further to the below: I have this problem exclusively with Word Developer
help. I can get topics for Word itself to expand with content OK.

"David Powell" wrote:

When I try to get online Help from Word, I see a page which has the new
Office logo for 2010. The framework for Help is provided, but there is no
content under any of the headings. ("No results available").
This was from a VBA page, so I was seeking Word Developer help.
If I right-click the title "Word Developer Help" and paste the URL property,
I get:
http://office2010.microsoft.com/clie...V&Version=1 2
But I'm running Office 2007. I also have Office 2003 installed.

How can I get help for Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Visual Basic Help screen that appears, click on the "Connected to
Office Online" item in the bottom border and change to "Show content only
from this computer". Interestingly, if I then click on the "Offline" that
then appears in the bottom border and then select "Show content from Office
Online", the help from Office Online does then appear,

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"David Powell" wrote:

When I try to get online Help from Word, I see a page which has the new
Office logo for 2010. The framework for Help is provided, but there is
no
content under any of the headings. ("No results available").
This was from a VBA page, so I was seeking Word Developer help.
If I right-click the title "Word Developer Help" and paste the URL
property,
I get:
http://office2010.microsoft.com/clie...V&Version=1 2
But I'm running Office 2007. I also have Office 2003 installed.

How can I get help for Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The "front page" of the Word 2007 VBA help is at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb244391.aspx rom which you
can drill down to whatever topic you need. The object model reference
for Office 2007 (that is, the methods and properties that apply to all
Office apps and not just to Word) starts at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ice.12%29.aspx.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 21:31:01 -0700, David Powell
wrote:

When I try to get online Help from Word, I see a page which has the new
Office logo for 2010. The framework for Help is provided, but there is no
content under any of the headings. ("No results available").
This was from a VBA page, so I was seeking Word Developer help.
If I right-click the title "Word Developer Help" and paste the URL property,
I get:
http://office2010.microsoft.com/clie...V&Version=1 2
But I'm running Office 2007. I also have Office 2003 installed.

How can I get help for Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Powell[_2_] David Powell[_2_] is offline

This was helpful, because it showed me how to switch back to offline help
(which is my preference by default, anyway). Hidden down the bottom of the
panel - and completely out of site, with the way my window was set up - I'd
missed that switch. Unfortunately, toggling it doesn't restore online help
for me, but at least I have my disk-based content back. Thanks.

"David Powell" wrote:

When I try to get online Help from Word, I see a page which has the new
Office logo for 2010. The framework for Help is provided, but there is no
content under any of the headings. ("No results available").
This was from a VBA page, so I was seeking Word Developer help.
If I right-click the title "Word Developer Help" and paste the URL property,
I get:
http://office2010.microsoft.com/clie...V&Version=1 2
But I'm running Office 2007. I also have Office 2003 installed.

How can I get help for Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Powell[_2_] David Powell[_2_] is offline

[Apparently replied to my own post by accident.] Summary: This helped
because it restored offline Help for me - thanks. However, toggling the
status didn't restore online Help.

"David Powell" wrote:

When I try to get online Help from Word, I see a page which has the new
Office logo for 2010. The framework for Help is provided, but there is
no
content under any of the headings. ("No results available").
This was from a VBA page, so I was seeking Word Developer help.
If I right-click the title "Word Developer Help" and paste the URL
property,
I get:
http://office2010.microsoft.com/clie...V&Version=1 2
But I'm running Office 2007. I also have Office 2003 installed.

How can I get help for Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

wrote:

When I try to get online Help from Word, I see a page which has the new
Office logo for 2010. The framework for Help is provided, but there is no
content under any of the headings. ("No results available").
This was from a VBA page, so I was seeking Word Developer help.
If I right-click the title "Word Developer Help" and paste the URL property,
I get:
http://office2010.microsoft.com/clie...V&Version=1 2
But I'm running Office 2007. I also have Office 2003 installed.

How can I get help for Word 2007?

.

Lost partial header content MisterB Microsoft Word Help 2 December 1st 09 09:24 PM
Merge Links Lost Jan Mailmerge 3 June 16th 09 05:21 PM
Track Changes User Changes Lost amb Microsoft Word Help 4 March 5th 09 02:55 PM
links to MS Access mdb lost? Piet Microsoft Word Help 0 January 29th 07 09:53 AM
displayed content is lost in Word Document Can't read word document Microsoft Word Help 2 September 28th 06 02:45 AM