bluebottle bluebottle is offline
Junior Member

Default Autocorrect with wildcards

I work in a company in the UK which works with Norwegian clients a lot, often people with å in their name. I want to set up people's computers so when the type aaa in a word, it comes out with å. Eg. if they type 'Paaal' they get the name 'Pål'.

When I program autocorrect to change aaa to å it only does it when aaa is typed as a word, not within a word.

Is there a character I can use as a wildcard, or some other way to get autocorrect to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

There is no way to make AutoCorrect do what you propose.

However, there is a default keyboard shortcut for that character: press Ctrl
and @ together, then release them and press the a key. If you want to change
that to a simpler shortcut, use the Shortcut Key button in the Insert
Symbols dialog (see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/InsertSpecChars.htm
for more details).

--
Regards,