Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Christopher Christopher is offline

Default no highlighter button on formatting toolbar

k have received a template letter with highlighted areas. I want to remove
the highlighted background color. I have looked on Help and it tells me to
clice "Formatting" then "Highlight" and then "None". But after clicking
Format I do not have a Highlight option. How do I get Highlight on Word
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are using Word 2003, the Highlighting button is on the Formatting
toolbar. If that toolbar is not displayed, click on the View menu and then
on Toolbars and then click on the Formatting item in the list of toolbars.

If the template that you have received is protected for filling in forms, it
may be field shading that you are seeing and that can be turned off by using
the FormField Shading button on the Forms toolbar which can be displayed via
ViewToolbars.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.