Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Markus Markus is offline

Default Word as HTML editor

I hope someone has some help on this here. I would like to use Word as an
HTML editor. But I ran into a problem where I was losing the space between
some words, e.g., "in the" appeared as "inthe".

I tracked down the problem looking at the html source code. The words that
were consistently combined in this way had one thing in common - the soft
paragraph markers in the html source view indicated the last word before the
paragraph marker combined with the next word on the next line.

I thought this strange as Word is used in Outlook for html email. So I
saved an html email as a .htm file and found no problem. Unless I then
loaded that .htm in Word and made an edit and saved it, then I got the
problem again.

I really need to use Word as an HTML editor. Was hoping someone might have
an explanation and a work around for this problem.

Appreciate any and all ideas on this,
Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marysully marysully is offline

Go through your entire document and make sure all your html code is perfectly
correct. You may find a minor code problem causing the problem. I would think
the file extension for your html files should be .html. Also, for me, Notepad
has always worked much better than Word when creating html pages.

"Markus" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

No-one *needs* to us Word as HTML editor. It produces miserable HTML code.
Use a proper HTML editor (your web service host may even provide one as part
of the package).