Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MikeT MikeT is offline

Default Dormant Hard returns or the equivalent?

WordPerfect has long supported dormant hard returns so that, when the last
line of a paragraph is on the last line of a page, which would cause the
blank line between paragraphs to be printed on the next page, it's suppressed
so that the first line of the next paragraph is printed on the first line of
the next page, not the second line.

Word has never supported that, so far as I can tell. I've never found a way
to do that. Every time I make a lot of major updates, I have to go through
the entire document to ensure that each page starts on the first line, not
the second line. How can I do the same thing automatically in Word?

BTW, widow and orphan control is turned on, but that only deals with leaving
individual line stragglers.

How do I force Word to start the next paragraph on the first line of the