Frank

Default How do I find the file name of a picture in an existing document?

I was sent an existing document with a picture in it.
I would like to know the file name of the picture.

This will be possible only if the picture is linked as well as embedded. If
the picture is In Line With Text, press Alt+F9 to see the field code, which
will show the path (including the filename). If the picture is wrapped, you
will have to make it inline to see the field code. If you don't see any
field code, then the picture is not linked, and there is no way to ascertain
the filename.