Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FattyA

Default word template when opened ask box comes up to enter name?

I wuld like to create a simple word document - a letter that is a template.
When opened this template caomes au with a box that asks what I have
programmed to ask in a particular part of the document. ie. after Dear a box
comes up as says "Insert Client name", I then insert it and click next or
move on and the next box comes up which could say "Insert address" and so
on. When I have entered all the infroamtion that these boxes ask my document
is complete and ready to print. I have doen it before but I can not recall
how to do it now.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"FattyA" wrote in message
I wuld like to create a simple word document - a letter that is a template.
When opened this template caomes au with a box that asks what I have
programmed to ask in a particular part of the document. ie. after Dear a
box
comes up as says "Insert Client name", I then insert it and click next or
move on and the next box comes up which could say "Insert address" and so
on. When I have entered all the infroamtion that these boxes ask my
document
is complete and ready to print. I have doen it before but I can not
recall
how to do it now.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

While Doug's suggestion produces a more elegant result, it seems you are
asking about FILLIN or ASK/REF fields.
You could also use Macrobutton fields http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm