Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Williams

Default remove word "Comment" from comment baloon?

I'd like my comment baloons on one document, at least, NOT to include the
word "Comment." (I'd like to get the author data to go away too, but
that's another problem -- and one that the standard "hidden font" trick
doesn't work on, once one sets the "remove personal data" feature to on.)
I can get at the "comment reference" style, but I don't see where the word
"comment" is stored. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen

Hi Mike,

I don't know how to help you with changing your existing "comment"
balloons, as I suspect that this feature may be pretty much written in
stone in terms of its programming.

As a workaround, whenever I've wanted to insert balloon comments into
my text, I've gone to the Drawing toolbar and under the Autoshapes
button, chosen "Callouts". There's some pretty neat options there to
insert balloon comments within your text.

Karen