Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Noella

Default Bolding text in quotes

When working on legal agreements etc. I find that I often have to bold text
in quotes and/or square brackets and I know that there is a quick way of
doing this using Find and Replace but can't remember what it is, can anyone
help at all?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Look for "*" (if " is your delimiting character)
Replace with (leave blank)
With cursor in Replace, click on Format Font and select Bold
Check "Use Wildcards"
Press "Replace All"

If using square brackets, these have special meaning to wildcard Finds so
you must enter \[ and \] respectively to actually look for [ and ] (i.e.
Find \[*\])

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Noella" wrote in message
When working on legal agreements etc. I find that I often have to bold

text
in quotes and/or square brackets and I know that there is a quick way of
doing this using Find and Replace but can't remember what it is, can

anyone
help at all?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus

"Tony Jollans" My Forename at My Surname dot com

Look for "*" (if " is your delimiting character)
Replace with (leave blank)
With cursor in Replace, click on Format Font and select Bold
Check "Use Wildcards"
Press "Replace All"

If using square brackets, these have special meaning to wildcard Finds so
you must enter \[ and \] respectively to actually look for [ and ] (i.e.
Find \[*\])

A macro to do this would be useful...

Any volunteers?

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

What, exactly, would you like the macro to do? A simple Find and Replace, or
something more involved?

--
Enjoy,
Tony