Gilly@MDC

Default File properties dialog box does not open automatically when saving

We have recently upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003. when we save as
documents originally created in Word 2000 in Word 2003, the file properties
dialog box does not automatically pop up, even though "prompt for document
properties" is ticked in Tools/Options/Save under save options. It works fine
for new docs created in Word 2003. Any help would be very much appreciated!
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?R2lsbHlATURD?=,

We have recently upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003. when we save as
documents originally created in Word 2000 in Word 2003, the file properties
dialog box does not automatically pop up, even though "prompt for document
properties" is ticked in Tools/Options/Save under save options. It works fine
for new docs created in Word 2003. Any help would be very much appreciated!

I'm somewhat preplexed why you chose to ask in this group...

My best guess would be that the document structures are slightly damaged (at
least from Word 2003's POV), so that whatever is resposible for triggering this
isn't "visible" to Word 2003.

As a test, try selecting all the text EXCEPT the last paragraph mark and copy it
to a new document. Adjust margins, headings, footers, etc., now File/Save As.
Does it prompt as it should?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org