Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BIRDIE

Default Is it proper to submit a press release via email?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis

This big white space is for your use also.
To answer your question... Try it! If there is no success, try telephoning
to determine the format that is desired. I would use a Notepad document
attached to the e-mail. I receive several items each week for inclusion in
my e-mail newsletter. Most are formatted as the author would like. I remove
all formatting and publish as I choose taking into account the author's
wishes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Nowadays I frequently do this, especially for press releases that are just a
photo with a caption. I fax the press release, then follow up with the photo
as an attachment and the caption in a Rich Text email. Sometimes I send
entire press releases as Word attachments. This saves the newspaper from
having to typeset the copy and, given that the local papers are always
short-staffed (and have no copy editors) makes it more likely that what I
wrote will be used as submitted.