Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bernie

Default Can I use clip art in a manual to sell to students?

I am updating an inhouse lab manual for students and want to add some clip
art where possible. If we use the clip art offered by Microsoft, print the
manual and sell it at the campus bookstore, are we violating anything?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Bernie wrote:
I am updating an inhouse lab manual for students and want to add some
clip art where possible. If we use the clip art offered by
Microsoft, print the manual and sell it at the campus bookstore, are
we violating anything?

The standard disclaimers:
- I am not an attorney.
- Read the End-User License Agreement, which is available by clicking a link
in the Help About dialog. That agreement is legally binding, and states
everything you're allowed to do.

There is a paragraph (paragraph 1.5 in the Office 2003 EULA) that talks
specifically about the "media elements", including the clip art. The way I
read it, your proposed use is allowed. It forbids selling works that include
the clip art only "if the primary value of the product or service is in the
Media Elements".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman