Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ivory_kitten

Default Date Calculation Field Formatting Issues

I have a date caluclation field which has formatting switch \@ "dd/MM/yy" yet
my dates show up as MM/dd/yy (in some documents)

My language settings on the computer are set to English (Australia)

This is driving me insane!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I am not sure from where you are getting the dates, but see the "Dates:
day/month reversed" item under the "Connection methods" topic of the "Mail
merge in Word 2002" section of fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

Did you see my latest post in the thread about aligning the $ sign at the
left of the cell and the numbers to the right? I posted a way to do it
there when using a formfield.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ivory_kitten" wrote in message
I have a date caluclation field which has formatting switch \@ "dd/MM/yy"
yet
my dates show up as MM/dd/yy (in some documents)

My language settings on the computer are set to English (Australia)

This is driving me insane!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ivory_kitten

The date is a date calculation field which works the date out based on today
+/- a number of days. And the field is set to show dd/MM/yy and it only
shows MM/dd/yy!???

It's so weird!

I will check out your other post, I had kind of given up on that idea, but
if you've found a way that's fantastic!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Use the macro at http://www.gmayor.com/export_field.htm to copy your field
construction to the clipboard and paste it into your reply so that we can
see what exactly you are trying to do.

There was an issue with date transposition in some versions of Word, though
this was, I believe, corrected in Word 2003 - ensure that your copy is
updated with the latest updates.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Hi ivory_kitten,

The date calculation field codes in my Date Calc 'tutorial', at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902
are set up for DMY construction as supplied (though not dd/MM/yy
specifically). Are you using those, or something else?.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]