Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael

Default Eliminate formatting of e-mail address

When I enter an e-mail address in a Word document it changes it to a link, by
making it blue and underlining. I'd just like it to be handled as standard
text. How can I do this? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man

You can right-click on the link and select "Remove hyperlink." That should
take care of them one at a time.

To keep Word from creating links in the future, go to Tools - Autocorrect
Options, and de-select the options for automatically creating hyperlinks. If
I remember correctly, it occurs on two or three of the tabs in that window.

I hope this helps.

Fred

"Michael" wrote:

When I enter an e-mail address in a Word document it changes it to a link, by
making it blue and underlining. I'd just like it to be handled as standard
text. How can I do this? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Go to Tools AutoCorrect Options AutoFormat As You Type and uncheck
"Internet and network paths with hyperlinks".

This will prevent new addresses from being changed. If you want to
change an existing hyperlink back to plain text, right-click it and
select "Remove Hyperlink".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:21:03 -0700, Michael
wrote:

When I enter an e-mail address in a Word document it changes it to a link, by
making it blue and underlining. I'd just like it to be handled as standard
text. How can I do this? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Idaho Word Man wrote:
To keep Word from creating links in the future, go to Tools -
Autocorrect Options, and de-select the options for automatically
creating hyperlinks. If I remember correctly, it occurs on two or
three of the tabs in that window.

The only one that matters in this instance is the one under Autoformat as
you type.