Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] carlhein@gmail.com is offline

Default Cross-Reference Alternative

Hi all

I find the built in cross-reference dialog very frustrating. I have a
large document with many cross-references.

My question is vague..

Is there an alternative plugin available?
Can I at least re-size the existing one somehow?

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Regards

Carl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

What, specifically, do you find frustrating? What is it you are trying to
do? What happens when you try that frustrates you? Resize it? Larger?
Smaller? Sorry, I don't have any answers to vague questions.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all

I find the built in cross-reference dialog very frustrating. I have a
large document with many cross-references.

My question is vague..

Is there an alternative plugin available?
Can I at least re-size the existing one somehow?

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Regards

Carl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] carlhein@gmail.com is offline

Hi Charles

My frustrations are as follows:

1) I can only see 10 or so references at a time.
2) The width of the dialog is such that it is sometimes very difficult
to distinguish between similar items.
3) When I insert a reference and then shift focus to the actual doc,
upon return the dialog loses its index position causing me to have to
find my place again.

In general I would like to see this dialog a task pane, similar to the
styles task pane. I believe this would addres my issues collectively.

I was hoping someone had creating such a plug-in.

Regards,

Carl-Hein Mostert

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all

I find the built in cross-reference dialog very frustrating. I have a
large document with many cross-references.

My question is vague..

Is there an alternative plugin available?
Can I at least re-size the existing one somehow?

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Regards

Carl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

I don't know of a plug-in. Your better description of your frustrations,
though, will help others in answering if they do know of anything that will
help.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.