Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JenK JenK is offline

Default Can't Remove Highlighting

I'm working on a document that appears to have highlighting behind several
paragraphs. I would like to remove this. However, when I try the macro
listed on the MVP site, it does not work:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/index.htm

I have also tried to select all the text and click the 'none' on the
highlighting icon. This does not do anything either.

I'm wondering if it could be something besides highlighting?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

It is most likely "shading." Use FormatBorders and Shading to remove.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

JenK wrote:
I'm working on a document that appears to have highlighting behind
several paragraphs. I would like to remove this. However, when I
try the macro listed on the MVP site, it does not work:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/index.htm

I have also tried to select all the text and click the 'none' on the
highlighting icon. This does not do anything either.

I'm wondering if it could be something besides highlighting?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JenK JenK is offline

Never mind. I figured it out. Each section has been individually shaded,
which makes it difficult because I can't seem to select the whole document
and select 'none' on the shading tab. I have to select the exact text that
is shaded. Does anyone know of a quicker way to fix this?

"JenK" wrote:

I'm working on a document that appears to have highlighting behind several
paragraphs. I would like to remove this. However, when I try the macro
listed on the MVP site, it does not work:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/index.htm

I have also tried to select all the text and click the 'none' on the
highlighting icon. This does not do anything either.

I'm wondering if it could be something besides highlighting?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Seems like what you are trying _should_ work (Select All, FormatBorders &
Shading - Shading, No Fill?), but if not try Select All, FormatBorders &
Shading - Shading, apply *any* shading, then go back & select No Fill.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/21/06 5:16 PM, in article