Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
tealady tealady is offline

Default merge cells in a table

How can I merge cells in the last column of a table? Since they are not at
the top of the table I cannot select the cells from the top. And no matter
what I try, the return marker outside the first cell always gets highlighted
in the selection and won't give me the merge option. What am I doing
incorrectly???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I'm thinking that might be at least part of the problem. If you use
something like the TableCellHelper macro available at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...eIncorrect.htm or the macro Greg
Maxey provides at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Table_Cell_Data.htm, you'll
probably see that the cells you're trying to merge aren't actually in the
same column. I'm not sure what the workaround for this might be, but it
might involve some splitting and remerging, or it may be that what you're
trying to do isn't possible.

"tealady" wrote in message
Yes.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I don't have any problem selecting cells in the last column without
including the EOR markers. Do you have any horizontally merged cells in
these rows?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.