Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bhimameup Bhimameup is offline

Default I can't insert Page no. in Footer!

Arrgh!

In Word 2007, I can't seem to do a simple Insert page numbers in the footer!
Yes I have used help and followed the directions, but it seems my "Building
Blocks" file was not present! I performed a complete "Repair" using setup.
This time I was able to GOTO=Word optionsAdd-insManageDisabled
ItemsBuilding Blocks
However no luck! Under DesignPage NumbersBottom Page
there is no selectin to choose from!

Pleas does anybody have an idea as to what the problem could be?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Have you looked under Insert|Page No.? The tab there gives access to the top/bottom/margins, etc.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Bhimameup" wrote in message ...
Arrgh!

In Word 2007, I can't seem to do a simple Insert page numbers in the footer!
Yes I have used help and followed the directions, but it seems my "Building
Blocks" file was not present! I performed a complete "Repair" using setup.
This time I was able to GOTO=Word optionsAdd-insManageDisabled
ItemsBuilding Blocks
However no luck! Under DesignPage NumbersBottom Page
there is no selectin to choose from!

Pleas does anybody have an idea as to what the problem could be?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc Luc is offline

Bhimaeup,
You are saying when you click Insert - page numbers - then click bottom of
the page that there are no styles in the pane?
Could you tell us what shows up when you click on the design tab, choose
quick parts in the insert group, and click on building blocks organizer, are
there no items there relating to page numbering?

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
Arrgh!

In Word 2007, I can't seem to do a simple Insert page numbers in the
footer!
Yes I have used help and followed the directions, but it seems my
"Building
Blocks" file was not present! I performed a complete "Repair" using setup.
This time I was able to GOTO=Word optionsAdd-insManageDisabled
ItemsBuilding Blocks
However no luck! Under DesignPage NumbersBottom Page
there is no selectin to choose from!

Pleas does anybody have an idea as to what the problem could be?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Bhimameup wrote:
Arrgh!

In Word 2007, I can't seem to do a simple Insert page numbers in the
footer! Yes I have used help and followed the directions, but it
seems my "Building Blocks" file was not present! I performed a
complete "Repair" using setup. This time I was able to GOTO=Word
optionsAdd-insManageDisabled ItemsBuilding Blocks
However no luck! Under DesignPage NumbersBottom Page
there is no selectin to choose from!

Pleas does anybody have an idea as to what the problem could be?

There should be _two_ Building Blocks files on the computer:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Document Parts\1033\Building
Blocks.dotx

and

%appdata%\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks\1033\Building Blocks.dotx

(the "environment variable" %appdata% represents the hidden folder
C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Application Data in Windows XP, or
C:\Users\your name\AppData in Windows Vista). You may need to go into
Windows Explorer's Tools Folder Options View dialog and choose to show
hidden folders to be able to find the %appdata% folder.

Close Word, delete the Building Blocks file in the folder below %appdata%
and restart Word. It will make a new copy of the one under Program Files,
which is the original created/repaired by the Office installer and which
should not be deleted.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bhimameup Bhimameup is offline

Luc,

Yep I am saying when I click Insert - page numbers - then click bottom of
the page that there are no styles in the pane?...Yes exactly

I see..."Save Selections as Page Number (Bottom)" grayed out (as in
unselectable)

Could you tell us what shows up when you click on the design tab, choose
quick parts in the insert group, and click on building blocks organizer, are
there no items there relating to page numbering? Yes I do see the "page X of
Y"
and it does insert ok, lol!

However, isn't that a work around? How can I correct it to be accessed
under DesignPage NumbersBottom Page
"Save Selections as Page Number (Bottom)" is still grayed out!

But Im happy I'll take the workaround! Thanks Luc! If you know of a link to
help me fix this please let me know, as Im sure clients will be asking the
same question!

"Luc" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bhimameup Bhimameup is offline

..Jay,

You are a wizz! I did as you said, and being the Curious George That I am I
tried to open it and got a MS word pop-up window saying..

"This file was created in a pre-relese version of word 2007 and cannot be
opened in this version"

Which I had a very long drawn out removal of all office .MIS files! So Im
sure some other people out there will need this fix!
Great Job I now see the Gallaries!

Bhima

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Bhimameup wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bhimameup Bhimameup is offline

macropod,

Yeah I did that! See the other posts, it was a incompatibility problem from
prior version of Office 2007 (Beta), and thanks for your quick response!