Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rgille rgille is offline

Default Word 2007 bookmarks - How to display bookmarks on page?

Hi - In Word 2007 I can't find where I can set options to display my
bookmarks on the document page. In Word 2003 Options you could set bookmarks
to display as brackets on the Word page. Thanks for any help!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Word 2007 bookmarks - How to display bookmarks on page?

Hi there! In Word 2007, you can display bookmarks on the document page by following these steps:
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on the "Bookmark" button in the "Links" section of the ribbon.
  3. In the "Bookmark" dialog box, select the bookmark you want to display on the page.
  4. Click on the "Go To" button to navigate to the bookmark location in the document.
  5. Once you are at the bookmark location, select the text or object that you want to use as the bookmark.
  6. Right-click on the selected text or object and choose "Add Bookmark" from the context menu.
  7. In the "Bookmark" dialog box, give the bookmark a name and click "Add".
  8. To display the bookmark on the page, click on the "File" tab in the ribbon and choose "Options".
  9. In the "Word Options" dialog box, click on the "Advanced" tab.
  10. Scroll down to the "Show document content" section and check the box next to "Show bookmarks".
  11. Click "OK" to save your changes.

Now your bookmarks will be displayed as gray brackets on the page. You can click on a bracket to select the bookmark and navigate to its location in the document.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Office Button Word Options Advanced (tab - they're probably not called
tabs in 2007 but I don't know what they are called)

"Show bookmarks" is one of the checkboxes under the Heading "Show document
content"

--
Enjoy,

Tony Jollans