Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tom Young Tom Young is offline

Default Email Merge w/ Word 2003 and Outlook 2007

I'm using Word 2003 on an XP machine to create an email mail merge from my
Outlook 2007 contacts. I get all the way through the merge wizard, enter my
subject line, and the records merge. BUT, Outlook doesn't do anything. None
of the messages are in my outbox or sent items? They simply don't get sent?

Any ideas? I've created several successful email merges using Word 2003 and
Outlook 2003. Since I've now upgraded to Outlook 2007 something is happening??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Unfortunately, as a general rule Word and Outlook of different versions do
not work well together.

However, in this case I'm not sure why they should not.

Are you merging to HTML format, plain text or attachment? If you're using
HTML, can you experiment with plain text?

A number of people have reported similar problems even with same-version
copies of WOrd and Outlook recently, but my attempts to get to the bottom of
it haven't got far yet - using Outlook|Detect and Repair seems to do the
business for some people.

The other thing to do is contact Microsoft Support directly, if you have the
retail product and only just installed it. If I experienced the problem
myself, I would do it, but I don't.

If you do find the answer, please post back!

Peter Jamieson

"Tom Young" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003 on an XP machine to create an email mail merge from my
Outlook 2007 contacts. I get all the way through the merge wizard, enter
my
subject line, and the records merge. BUT, Outlook doesn't do anything.
None
of the messages are in my outbox or sent items? They simply don't get
sent?

Any ideas? I've created several successful email merges using Word 2003
and
Outlook 2003. Since I've now upgraded to Outlook 2007 something is
happening??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tom Young Tom Young is offline

Thanks Peter. I took the easy route, purchased Office 2007 and that seemed to
resolve the problem.