Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ChrisLouie ChrisLouie is offline

Default MailMerge Help

Hi,
I'm trying to do a mail merge for mailing labels. When I choose the excel
spreadsheet I get a window that pops up that says conversion is need. Can
anyone help me figure this out? I've never had a problem like this when doing
a mail merge
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OnlineLabels OnlineLabels is offline

Can you post the exact error message that you are receiving? What
version of Microsoft Word are you using? You might want to try saving
your Excel file in csv format as opposed to Excel format to see if you
continue getting the same error message.

Dave Carmany
http://www.onlinelabels.com
OnlineLabels.com
CLICK..PRINT..STICK
Blank labels for laser & inkjet printers

On Aug 13, 3:02 pm, ChrisLouie
wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to do a mail merge formailinglabels. When I choose the excel
spreadsheet I get a window that pops up that says conversion is need. Can
anyone help me figure this out? I've never had a problem like this when doing
a mail merge

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Which version of Word? Is the window title "Confirm Data Source" ? If it is,
what options do you see listed? If not, what is the dialog title and what
exactly does the dialog box say?

If, for any reason, you checked Word Tools|Options|General|"Confirm
conversion at open" (in Word 2002/2003 - in Word 2007 there's a similar
option in "Office Button"|"Word Options", then the simplest place to start
is to go back and uncheck that item.

Peter Jamieson
"ChrisLouie" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm trying to do a mail merge for mailing labels. When I choose the excel
spreadsheet I get a window that pops up that says conversion is need. Can
anyone help me figure this out? I've never had a problem like this when
doing
a mail merge

SQl mailmerge. Jørgen Bondesen Microsoft Word Help 0 November 12th 05 11:23 AM
Mailmerge help please Frank Mailmerge 1 October 13th 05 02:18 PM
Mailmerge blanco Mailmerge 1 February 14th 05 08:27 PM
mailmerge CHES Mailmerge 1 December 17th 04 07:39 AM
mailmerge Felicity Mailmerge 1 December 17th 04 07:37 AM