Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kellyk126 Kellyk126 is offline

Default How do I make a table tight and in line with the text on the same

I am trying to figure out the easiest and most user friendly way to make our
contracts fillable in Word. It seems inserting tables and then deleting the
top and side lines is the easiest (I don't want other text to shift when
entering information, or to have to reformat when it does this so the
contract still looks neat). I cannot figure our how to format the text box so
that it is in line with the text on the same line and doesn't seperate the
sentence or have a large space between the line and the text.

Example: "the agreeement is between blah blah and _______________
(subcontractor)." is what I want to see, but what I'm getting right now is,
"the agreement is between blah blah and ___________________ "

Please help! And thank you in advance!

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I make a table tight and in line with the text on the same

To make a table tight and in line with the text on the same line, you can follow these steps:
  1. Insert a table by going to the "Insert" tab and selecting "Table." Choose the number of rows and columns you need for your contract.
  2. Once the table is inserted, select the top and side borders of the table and delete them by going to the "Design" tab and selecting "Borders." Then choose "No Border" for the top and side borders.
  3. Click inside the first cell of the table and type the text you want to appear in the contract. For example, "the agreement is between blah blah and _______________ (subcontractor)."
  4. Highlight the blank space where you want the user to enter information and right-click. Select "Table Properties" from the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Table Properties" window, select the "Cell" tab. Under "Vertical alignment," choose "Center." This will ensure that the blank space is centered vertically within the cell.
  6. Next, select the "Options" button at the bottom of the window. In the "Cell Options" window, select the "Margins" tab. Under "Cell margins," set the top and bottom margins to "0" and the left and right margins to a small number, such as "0.05."
  7. Click "OK" to close the "Cell Options" window, then click "OK" again to close the "Table Properties" window.

Your table should now be tight and in line with the text on the same line. When the user enters information in the blank space, the text should not shift or cause formatting issues.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:14:03 -0800, Kellyk126
wrote:

I am trying to figure out the easiest and most user friendly way to make our
contracts fillable in Word. It seems inserting tables and then deleting the
top and side lines is the easiest (I don't want other text to shift when
entering information, or to have to reformat when it does this so the
contract still looks neat). I cannot figure our how to format the text box so
that it is in line with the text on the same line and doesn't seperate the
sentence or have a large space between the line and the text.

Example: "the agreeement is between blah blah and _______________
(subcontractor)." is what I want to see, but what I'm getting right now is,
"the agreement is between blah blah and ___________________ "

Please help! And thank you in advance!

Try the suggestions in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm. If you
still can't get the effect you want, post back in the same thread.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman