Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Leslie Leslie is offline

Default Fax with word 2007 - complete crash

I have just upgraded to Office 2007 and try to fax from word by to printing
to the fax-printer. When I do, the fax-guide opens and I choose the recipient
from the adress-book. When I push th next-button word and the fax-guide
crashes. I have sent fax outside of word and it works. Does anybody
recognize this?

TIA Leslie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Doing the same thing here works OK, so it's not a universal problem.

As a workaround, you may be able to print to the Microsoft Office Document
Imaging printer and print to fax there, or the XPS "printer", open the
document in the XPS viewer and print to fax from there.

I don't have any suggestions as to how you might try to find the source of
the problem - I'd probably start by
a. considering requesting e-support from Microsoft (the people here are not
MS employees but volunteers)
a. ensuring that background printing was switched off via Word's Print
dialog Options button
b. seeing if other Office 2007 applications have the same problem.

Peter Jamieson

"Leslie" wrote in message
I have just upgraded to Office 2007 and try to fax from word by to printing
to the fax-printer. When I do, the fax-guide opens and I choose the
recipient
from the adress-book. When I push th next-button word and the fax-guide
crashes. I have sent fax outside of word and it works. Does anybody
recognize this?

TIA Leslie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Leslie Leslie is offline

Thanks for your answer. I have just unuinstalled and reinstalled Office
because there seemed to be something left over from the original office 2003
installation
which I upgraded from so..... hopefully it will work now.

Leslie